Outstanding leadership has many dimensions. It is a blend of several factors, all of which are built into the leadership courses. These include:
- Emotional Literacy and Emotional Intelligence;
- Intellectual Discipline;
- Hard-edged training and challenge;
- Professional learning;
- Professional humility; a preparedness to accept we may be wrong;
- Implementation and critical reflection on what has been learned.
Wrapped around these dimensions other key elements include:
- The development and implementation of an educational vision and philosophy;
- Understanding of systems’ strengths and weaknesses;
- A preparedness to redesign;
- Professional attitudes and behaviours;
- Professional courage.
We believe that successful leadership development only exists by:
- Seeing every professional as a leader of learning as well as of people;
- Signalling the importance of leadership development as a key priority to all staff;
- Creating a climate in which leadership development is seen as a right and the norm;
- Understanding that IMPACT comes from leadership development which is:
- Designed around the needs of colleagues at every stage of their careers;
- Led by professionals with the right blend of passion and successful experience, and who are trained as trainers;
- Based on real situations;
- Characterized by “actively learning”;
- Informed by hard-edged experience and research.