The Stepping up to Middle Leadership course will benefit anyone who is considering taking on or has been newly appointed to a middle leader role. The course develops the individual’s understanding of the nature of leadership and leading teams. It is strongly recommended as preparation for NPQML.
Middle leaders have an essential role in driving overall school improvement.
This course is designed to prepare those who aspire to become middle leaders by introducing them to the skills, knowledge and understanding that is needed to fulfil middle leadership role effectively.
The Stepping up to Middle Leadership course seeks to develop the individual’s understanding of the nature of the leadership and leading teams.
The following areas will be covered in the sessions:
• Understand what leadership is;
• Recognise what enables people to become effective leaders;
• Show awareness of the 6 Leadership Styles;
• Understand their own preferred learning/leadership styles;
• Examine how organisations can be run more effectively;
• Understand the relationship between Emotional Intelligence and effective leadership;
• Develop their own leadership skills through practical application
The course lasts for 4 weeks, each session 4.00pm – 6.00pm
• Qualities of a good leader
• Emotional Intelligence
• Inspirational leadership
• Leadership styles – assessment of participants preferred styles
• Learning styles and the relationship between leading and how people learn
• How to get the best out of your team
• Your responsibilities as a leader
• Leading and managing change
• Managing Conflict