This course will be of particular benefit to established middle leaders who are considering moving into senior leadership in the near future and is essential preparation for the NPQSL.
The senior leader role in school is becoming increasingly strategic in the drive to improve performance. The importance of understanding and displaying the qualities that effective leaders demonstrate is particularly important to those moving up into assistant or deputy head roles.
This course looks at what makes an effective senior leader and addresses in particular the issues surrounding leadership rather than management.
This course lasts for 4 weeks, each session 4.00pm-6.00pm.
The following areas will be covered in the sessions:
• What is expected of a senior leader
• What makes an effective senior leader
• Your role as a strategic leader
• Developing a powerful vision
• Developing a culture of rigour
• Challenging poor or ineffective performance in staff
• Developing leaders and building leadership capacity
• Creating effective and agile teams
• Developing a coaching culture
• Conducting challenging professional conversation
• Leading change