The Leading Pastoral Teams course is designed for middle leaders who hold a pastoral role in schools.
The course will address the main responsibilities and roles that teachers who are pastoral leaders undertake. The main focus of this programme is on the leadership aspect of the role.
The course lasts for 4 weeks, each session 4.00pm-6.00pm.
The following areas will be covered in the sessions:
• The role of the pastoral leader
• Developing a vision and strategies for success
• Clearing obstacles to success
• Leading teams
• Developing a process to ensure effective leadership of your team
• Leadership styles in the context of a pastoral leader’s role
• Leading the Whole School approach to anti-bullying
• Managing and preventing bullying behaviour
• Leading change
• Leading effective meetings