We are delivering the National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL) programme to deputy heads, senior leaders, experienced middle leaders and special educational needs co-ordinators. Working with our alliance/network of schools in Pennine Lancashire using local leaders with local knowledge and local expertise.
The National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL) is a new qualification that provides national recognition of your leadership development and professional achievement as a senior leader. We offer a flexible, modular structure that combines essential modules with the freedom to specialise or develop your own professional areas of interest through the choice of elective modules.
Delivering the programme
“Edge Hill University and their School Partnership has the has the commitment, credibility, capability and capacity to deliver great leadership development.” (National College 2012)
Edge Hill University MA Education
• NPQSL is worth 60 credits on the MA Education
• Opportunity to complete a further 30 credit MA module free.
This equates to 1/2 of the MA Education at no additional cost.
• On line support available for those engaging with the free MA module
• MA/Reflective writing workshops available in your local area.
Who can apply?
Senior leaders with cross-school responsibilities, including experienced middle leaders, deputy heads, special educational needs co-ordinators and advanced skills teachers, and other senior staff looking for further professional development but not aspiring to headship at this stage in their career.
The NPQSL Programme:
Two essential and two elective modules with a focus on developing the skills, confidence and knowledge to lead whole-school issues.
2 Essential Modules
• Closing the Gap
• Succeeding in Senior Leadership
2 Elective Module chosen from:
• Improving the quality of teaching
• Research and development in teaching
• Effective whole school management
• School self-evaluation
• Leading professional development
• Leading change for improvement
• Leading in a diverse system
• Effective partnership working
To register or for any queries, contact Russell Milnes.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org