This course is designed for classroom practitioners of all levels but will be of particular value to NQTs and RQTs.
The Leading in the Classroom course examines the whole nature of how to lead in the classroom and provides a model to help classroom teachers provide stimulating and effective lessons.
The course lasts for 4 weeks, each session 4.00pm – 6.00pm.
The following areas will be covered in the sessions:
• The importance of leadership in the classroom
• The qualities of a good classroom teacher / leader
• What makes an effective lesson
• A model for effective leadership in the classroom
• The classroom leadership model in action
• Video analysis of a lesson
• Analysing your own lessons
• Workshop – developing a lesson based on the model
• Workshop – Analysis of lessons taught by participants using the model
• Clearing obstacles that lead to ineffective leadership in the classroom
• Workshop – Developing and leading a lesson (group activity), bringing in all the elements of the process and understanding
• Review and summary of the programme