As a school-based service which takes its lead from those who use it, we want to be transparent in all financial matters and to keep prices to schools as low as we can while covering all costs.
We also intend to subsidise the costs of course where we can by re-investing any surplus that might be accrued.
On this basis, we offer each Course and Programme at the fixed cost of £75 per session per person. This includes:
- Time devoted to designing, evaluating and receiving the Programme and its contents
- Publication of printed material prospects
- Purchase, development and maintenance of website
- Admin time in accepting bookings, invoicing, accounting
- All “tuition” costs
- All course materials
- Administration, refreshments and a contribution to the hosts school’s running costs
- Administration of Master’s degree accreditation (where colleagues choose to take this up, but please note that anyone doing so will need to register at Edge Hill University who charge an additional cost)
- Contribution to management time
Where an operating surplus is accrued, it will be used:
- To allow courses to run where they meet a demonstrable need but which might not otherwise be economic given the number of members
- To support colleagues to access courses where their schools are in financial difficulties
- To contribute towards heavily subsidised or free courses and conferences in which we engage national figures as headline speakers
- To build the capacity to offset price rises in subsequent years
Discounts are available for schools engaged in several places in a calendar year. A full 4-session Course will be priced at £300 and colleagues wishing to opt for the 5th session to prepare for Master’s credits can do so for an additional £75. When a school buys and pays for 7 course places for its staff it gets one – the lowest priced – free. When a school buys 12 course places, it pays for 9 on the same basis.
Accounts will be audited and published at the end of each financial year.
We hope you agree that this approach is reasonable, fair and effective in allowing the greatest number of colleagues to access sustainable, responsive, high quality leadership development locally, with minimal travel and supply costs, without interruption to the school day and with accreditation at a price which compares extremely favourably with courses offered out-of-area and out-of-county.
If you have any queries, including whether you would like bespoke work with several members of your school staff, please do contact us.