This course is aimed at potential and trainee teachers, NQTs and RQTs. It may also be of use to Sixth Formers and FE students.
Good leaders may be born but they can be “made”. Every teacher and many other school staff members have leadership as an essential component in what they do. However, some find difficulty in understanding this, some lack confidence and don’t see their own leadership qualities, and others translate this into not wanting career progression. The result is a loss of potential we cannot afford.
This course is intended for potential and trainee teachers, NQTs and RQTs and any others who may benefit from an exploration of the fundamentals of leadership, tasting what leadership is like and encouraging them to go to the next stage in developing their leadership understanding and skills. It may also be of use to Sixth Formers and FE students.
This is a 2 session course, based on the experience of participants.
The course lasts for 2 weeks, each session 4.00pm – 6.00pm.
The following areas will be covered in the sessions:
• What do we mean by “leadership”?
• How is it different from “management”?
• What does poor leadership look like?
• What does good or great leadership feel like?
• What internal and external characteristics do good leaders exhibit?
• Exploring the leadership aspects of your role
• Exploring your own capacity for leadership
• Different forms of leadership
• Routes into leadership – a step at a time